#header-inner { margin: auto; text-align: center; }

Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday XLO05! TGIF

Today at Amusing Muses and at TGIF we're celebrating my mother's birthday, and this is the card I sent her. The inside says," The highest form of bliss is a certain amount of folly." Words to live by. If you don't know the infamous XLo05, please go back and read "The Spy Who Loved Me" (click on label below or see my June 9 post).

10 Things I Love About Mother:
1. She can recite The Prologue to The Canterbury Tales in Old English.
2. She can shoot a shotgun and sleeps with one under her bed.
3. She writes beautiful poetry.
4. She taught me that family is the most important thing in the world, to love books, and to always help those less fortunate than myself.
5. She told me and Ava the story of To Kill A Mockingbird at Pasquales' one night because we were too young to read it yet.
6. She has great legs.
7. She's the best English teacher I ever had.
8. She taught me to be independent and strong.
9. She's very athletic and plays a mean game of golf.
10. She's the hardest working woman in Silly Town.




Here are some of my favorite pictures of Mother:




10 comments:

Giggles said...

So sweet but I couldn't get to the post you're speaking of. Mind you my firefox 3 is such a pain...wish I never upgraded!! rrr
Love the stripey leggings...all so modernly vintage!!! Happy Birthday to your mama!!

Hugs Gigg;es

Sharon Tomlinson said...

All that! What a MOM! Happy Birthday Mom.

Heather Robinson said...

Hey, I think I'd like to adopt your mother because I'm sure that there is never a dull moment when she is around. A wonderful tribute to a very colourful woman. I'm still in awe of the Canterbury Tales!!

Dawn said...

Hi there
You mum sounds like a real special lady these photos are fantastic.I loved reading your post always so entertaining

Janet said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!! She sounds like a wonderful person. Love the photos but that one with the man (her father?) is just great!

Sandy said...

Wow this is a wonderful card for her Mom. Really great photos. Gorgeous.

Thanks Alberta for this beautiful entry to TGiF.

Willy said...

GREAT birthday card!

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, what a beautiful birthday card! Great work! Love the photos too!

Hugs Bine/Zimtschnecke

Barbara said...

What mother wouldn't want such a wonderful tribute to her. Lovely thoughts.

Els G. said...

Great card! Wonderful mom. Birthday wishes from Belgium.
Els
x