#header-inner { margin: auto; text-align: center; }

Monday, April 19, 2010

Look What I Found: Flowers!

Amy's Roses

for Mixed Media Monday and Crazy Amigos

Take one found board, add an old map, dictionary pages, and acrylic "skins" peeled off my palette, and you get "Amy's Roses." If you'll change your Zoom to 200, you'll get a better idea of the depth of texture in this painting.

I spent yesterday being inspired at The Dogwood Festival in Atlanta. It was about 75 degrees and absolutley gorgeous. Pictures to follow soon!

13 comments:

Sandy said...

Gosh your painting rock Kathy.
Unbelievbale design. Love it.

johanna said...

fan-tas-tic!! love the colors and the texture looks gorgeous!

joanna said...

Amazing!! your work is beautiful!!

Nettie Edwards said...

Kathy! I have been away for far, far too long but I'm back now and amazed at the direction that your art is taking. All of the pieces are absolutely stunning but i especially love this one and the two posted directly before it. Your blog header is gorgeous too!
Lots of love xxx

Poetic Artist said...

I love the texture and color.
Girlfriend you are on a wonderful journey of color. I so enjoy it.
Take care.
Katelen

Terri Kahrs said...

Kathy, to me you are truly the "Goddess of Color"! And yes, by enlarging this piece you DO see the yummy texture. Fabulous! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Janet Ghio said...

I can't believe what you are doing with those skins!! Amazing!

indybev said...

How beautiful, and what depth! Deceiving in its simplicity!

Sadie said...

Emerald ocean
I lie on textured flowers
Dropped onto the sea.

Unknown said...

beautiful colors, love all the textures.

trudi said...

i love the textures and emeralds against the cloud whites.

Kristin said...

This is wonderful!! I love the texture and bold color - love the idea, Kristin xo

Diane said...

What a wonderful piece, Kathy! Diane