#header-inner { margin: auto; text-align: center; }

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Crazy Amigo

Happy Place

This painting is so perfect for the Crazy Amigo challenge this week for two reasons. One: I used my favorite stamp, a handmade checkerboard stamp, and two: MY crazy amigo from high school, Ann, bought it last week, as soon as I posted it on Facebook. Some interesting things about this painting: the flowers are made from acrylic "skins" I peeled off my palette and to which I added details. The lattice on the right was an after-thought because the piece just seemed too sweet. Recently I made a backgound page that I really liked in my art journal. So I tore it up and glued the strips on the canvas. Another interesting thing: I've noticed that, when I'm feeling grumpy, I always make ridiculously cheerful art, and my attitude gets a quick adjustment. By them time I'm done, I've found my happy place again, so that's what I named this one: "happy place." I hope it makes Ann as happy as it made me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your entry very much, wonderful painting!

peggy gatto said...

Oh this is ME, I love everything about it!!!

Janet said...

Gorgeous! Love the handmade stamp and the luscious colors.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

What a HAPPY painting!!!!! <3
No wonder you sold it right away! It will light someone's life up!

Willy said...

Great painting, Katy!

Kim Mailhot said...

Smart Amigo ! Beautiful !

Janet Ghio said...

This is really pretty. I have heard of using acrylic skins before. I saved a bunch and finally threw them out, because I didn't know what to do with them!! Well, now I do!!

Sadie said...

Stamps and souvenirs
Girly doodles in school books
Crazy amigo.

Terri Kahrs said...

How could these vibrant colors NOT make you happy?!? It took me right to my happy place today too! Hugs, Terri xoxo

sara said...

I Love the painting and love the idea of the flower "skins"

Ozstuff said...

If your art is ridiculously cheerful then I say HOORAY FOR YOUR ART. This is another scrumptious and beautiful piece. I love it.