#header-inner { margin: auto; text-align: center; }

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Become a wing, a torch, a promise

Good advice from George Bernard Shaw: "This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one: being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no 'brief candle' to me. It is a sort of splendid torch that I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.

I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit." (for Creative Therapy)

The journal page above was nothing but play. It was created, as the last several I osted were, in the care on the way to New York. Well, I'd actually painted most of the background prior to the trip, but I added the deatails and the headless gardener while traveling. The stamping was done with bubble wrap last night.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Love the advice from George! Actually love the entire post but I didn't see the journal page. I didn't get any picture. :-(