#header-inner { margin: auto; text-align: center; }

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Beauty Is Imperfection


Permission to be messy? Are you kidding? This was soooo liberating to a perfectionist like me. Today I had a break between school and a parent conference, and it had been a VERY stressful day, so what did I do? I checked my blog, of course, and the new challenge at Crazy Amigo and it was "Messy." So, I had an hour to spare and I decided to attempt the challenge with only what I had in my desk drawer and my classroom. You may think it strange, but I carry around an envelope of collage images. I had this Victorian girl from a vintage magazine my father-in-law gave me, and the roses came from a magazine in my classroom stash. I also had my art journal, which I always carry and in it were several prepared watercolor background pages. I altered the girl with Crayola crayons and a Bic pen. Then I scribbled all over the background and added some White Out using a Concentration game piece as a stamping tool.I made the caption on my computer and finished the whole shebang before the parent arrived. Stress over, challenge done, fingers dirty, and I'm happy!

6 comments:

Janet said...

You're just too amazing!! This piece is so cool and to think you did it with very little supplies and also with limited time. You're GOOD!!!!

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, what a stunning piece.
Absolutely brilliant.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

A wonderful journal page. There is nothing more satisfying than art-at-the-desk-on-the-spur-of-the-moment!!

Barbara said...

this is lots of fun. Love the pop of red in the flowers.

Dawn said...

Wow Roberta what a great arty tale!!
How resourceful and thinking on the move too! this is just great and gorgeous flowers..

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wow, its amazing!